FTB Ultimate ▸ Building Area/Competitions

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by StonyBiosphere, Aug 16, 2017.

1. StonyBiosphere

StonyBiosphere
    Expand Collapse
    Admin

Hi there,

A lot of new stuff is being put in place in the server, and I thought it could be nice to involve the Ultimate community in this. I think it would be good to have an area dedicated to people building things they would like to see around the new spawn or other places in the server. This would be good because it would show how we involve our community and would be a fun opportunity for players too. This could be done through a dedicated area, similar to shop, where people claim plots, but might also be achieved in a competition format, where people sign up and get a a day or a week to free-build something they want to see. Blocks could be provided, or we could give the players creative mode if they were supervised, but I think it would be a fun thing to do and also help integrate the community into the goings on of the server, in a fun and risk free way.
    TL;DR: Building area or competitions held for the players of FTB Ultimate who want their buildings to be used by the server in Spawn areas or elsewhere.

Cheers,
    -
    Stony

IchMagDonuts and Victor like this.
  2. Calamora

Calamora
    Expand Collapse
    Community Manager

i like your idea but it has a few flaws, me, for instance am not going to supervise people who got creative mode to help build up the server, and of course i can /give them everything, but what will happen to the remaining blocks? i dont expect people to play fair with them, so some might ''dissapear'', and if they need to build something, then they'd have to pay the blocks out of their own storages, which not everybody has. if stuff can/must be added to the server, throw it out here on the forums, as most people know i'm always building stuff on the server when i'm online, so i dont mind input from players who want certain events/buildings, if i have time, i'll build it for them, if not, then it'll wait here untill i have time

;)

StonyBiosphere likes this.
  3. StonyBiosphere

StonyBiosphere
    Expand Collapse
    Admin

:p I've seen something that has been built in the server that forms an elegant solution to my post and also allows for player input, so I think someone had this idea too and has implemented it much better than I could have thought possible. I do agree though that having to supervise the players would be difficult and a potential waste of staff time because they'd not be able to do the other things they need to do. We could set up a "Buildings we want to see" General forum though, which would also be quite nice, and would get a bit more activity on the forums.
    Thanks for the reply,

-Stony

4. Calamora

Calamora
    Expand Collapse
    Community Manager

the thing you're referring to is probably the build-off event