1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTB Ultimate ▸ Group chat and Personal Anchor

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by powerstar, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerstar

powerstar
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I was told to make my suggestions here by [Founder]Sentry because it would reach more staff people, so here I am:
    First I want to suggest adding a group chat plugin to the game, something like town chat would be ideal to me as I wouldn't have to add people in and I know that people that speak foreign languages are a problem because it's against the rules and I think this would actually help solve that problem because many of the people you see talking in foreign languages are actually just trying to quickly type something to the person with them.
    Also, because my problem is not that, I wouldn't have to alt+tab to text my friends every time, which gets annoying and sometimes actually crashes the game.
    Lightweight and simple.

Now on to Personal Anchor: I have no idea why you removed this from the game but I saw an admin briefly talking about how it was abused, but I didn't find out how.
    Why is this important? Simply put, every time I want to go back and forth between my home and somewhere else I have to reload the chunks, which makes lag not only for me but also for the server because loading chunks is heavier than keeping them open. "Well that's not a good enough reason", well then:
    .I'm annoyed by the fact that I have to wait 4 hours for my boilers to heat up and I have to be home at all times for them to do that.
    .My friend has bees and he many times has to ask me to stay afk at the bees place so that chunks don't get unloaded while he does things.
    .ME craftings get cancelled or bugged if you unload its chunks.

"Well just use chunk loader" - You give us 2 fires/day, 6 hours of loading time and you expect me to use it for just any reason? I think not.
    Honestly, it's just turning the game way more boring having to stay afk at some place to wait for things to finish because you can't be away doing something else. I don't think it's good for anyone encouraging afk play.

Thank you for at least reading.

2. DeathBoo

DeathBoo
    Expand Collapse
    Owner

personal anchors and world anchors were toned down because we had 38 people online at once running the shit out of them and killing the server. while you make good points your speech accounts for only 1 person and not 38 of them running them on top of quarries. another option is to donate for an actual chunk loader that does not require fuel and you could sell your fires to people that don't want to donate. and there is already a group chat in game use /tc msg to talk to people in your town. have a great day and fun in minecraft :D

3. powerstar

powerstar
    Expand Collapse

With all the respect but I have to defend the players here, I don't think you're looking at the correct problem at all.
    I was there when you had 2 personal anchors and a normal one for each person and the lag was very similar to what we have now. If I had to guess I would say that your biggest problem is people flying around like crazy looking for something and creating new chunks. I think the world is plenty big already and I would advise you using a plugin of some sort to limit world size, which means people won't be able to go past those boundaries, I have seen it before.
    Why do I say this? Well: Math. You're putting the blame on an item that loads 9 chunks on 3x3, now let's say 38 people have one and are online, that's 9x38=342 loaded chunks, sounds like a lot right? What if I told you a single person running on far render distance loads an area of 16x16 chunks? That's 256 chunks.
    So you're telling me your server can't handle 1 and a half extra people running on far render?
    I'm not saying you're wrong at all, everything helps to lag contribution, but I also know I'm not wrong when I say keeping chunks loaded is far less heavy on the server than loading them again and we both know personal anchors don't force load chunks, they just keep them open.
    So I ask you to think about it and think about my suggestion of limiting world size, thank you!

4. DeathBoo

DeathBoo
    Expand Collapse
    Owner

my post said nothing about lag lol it was killing server resources the server doesn't lag if you lag its on your end

and your doing the math on just anchors your leaving out all the quarries that people just leave up even when not running that's loading an additional 24 chunks each and the people that have actually donated for chunk loaders that are set to load an additional 81 chunks each and yes we cater to doners more than non doners as they help support the server upkeep costs and to be quite frank most servers don't allow chunk loaders the old minecolt server didn't allow them at all period another server i can think of makes you pay for a world anchor and even pay to use landmarks to run your quarry. like i said if you don't like what we have then donate and get a chunk loader and you don't have to worry about it. the world is already limited at 15k. topic is closed

#4 DeathBoo, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  5. HaoSs07

HaoSs07
    Expand Collapse
    Founder Owner

There's diff channels to talk into. The issue with lag is not people generating new chunks.
    The costs of the server are already high enough and I wouldn't wanna raise them anymore to the point of where we can't afford it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.